Decided to try something different tonight and picked some fresh rhubarb and raspberries for a try at a coffee cake… I took a recipe I had found on Pinterest and modified it hoping beyond hope it would turn out! Here is my version that I have named:
Joe’s Chocolate Rhubarb Berry Coffee Cake :
- Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- Yield: 12-15 Servings
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) triple chocolate fudge cake mix, divided
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries (you could substitute any berries)
- 1/2 cup powered sugar drizzle (milk and powdered sugar)
- In a large bowl, combine 2/3 cup cake mix and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Add walnuts; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the sour cream, eggs and remaining cake mix; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in rhubarb and raspberries. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Drizzle powdered sugar mix over cake when cooled.
- If using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
- Yield: 12-15 servings.
Topping for coffee cake…
Berries and Rhubarb added to batter…
Cake mix in the dish…
Topping added to cake mix…
Out of the oven, smells wonderful…
Finished Coffee Cake with Drizzle!!!
Well I have my Bride’s Seal of Approval, she said Mmmmmmmm,
That’s really good!!!
Yes its true, Realtors® can cook and bake!!! LOL!!!
Until next time enjoy your week, Joe